Tuesday, June 22, 2010

My sinful nature!

Romans 7:15 - I don't really understand myself, for I want to do what is right, but I don't do it. Instead, I do what I hate.

I do this. I'm sure we all do. Do you?

Some sins feel a little bit good at first

but they never stay that way

Why on earth do I go back to them over and over again? I know better. I know what is coming. I know to expect the guilt and the disappointment. Why then do I sometimes keep right on trucking down the wrong road?

What does God think? I know he forgives and forgives perfectly. I don't set out to do the wrong thing. I don't plan it and I fight it but sometimes I do it anyway. Doesn't he get sick and tired of my stupidity?

The Bible tells us that he does not. So long as we are sincere in our desire not to sin.

Saint Augustine even said it. "Oh Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet"

That sums it up sometimes doesn't it?

So I pray, I confess and I ask the Lord for help again.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I like the phrase "stain of sin" because that's really what it feels like! When I sin I can feel it growing darker and darker on my soul, until I confess it and have it washed away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...