Monday, April 19, 2010

Fear


So much is going on in the world that I know I cannot list it all here. Earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and our government going to "hell in a handbasket." A 14 year old boy died alone in the George Washington National Forrest this past weekend. He was given 2 methadone pills by someone according to what everyone is hearing. He died alone while his friends went to an area with cell service and called 911 and then I think they just left. I've heard that they found them later and questioned them.

Tonight there was a candlelight vigil at the skatepark at our local park. Brandon wanted to go. He knew the boy from school. Apparently he helped out with some of the classes at the end of the day. Kevin was not here and a friend offered to pick him up. I had a horrible feeling about it and against his persistance I did not let him go. I just merely said I didn't have a good feeling about it and if Dad got home in time I would take him. Now I'm hearing that it was cancelled because there were people breaking car windows and all sorts of things that brought the police department out in full force.

I suppose I am learning to hear HIS voice. I imagine I've heard it all along and gave the credit to my intuition. But, I am recognizing it now :-)

I worry and I try to trust. I succeed most days. It's a scary place out there right now. I keep saying it has to get better. People have to realize that we are headed the wrong way. There are "wrong way" signs glaring at us at every turn. People have to see that we need to go back to some of the "old ways." If we don't things are going to keep spiraling down. However, following Biblical stories would tell you that they wont. They wont get better. They will get worse. It will all be worth it in the end but it's so scary to think about.

14 year olds taking methadone.... I just don't understand.

2 comments:

Barbara Schoeneberger said...

Such a sad story. I will include the boy and his family in my prayers. Trust is indeed at the bottom of our ills. The only logical thing for a Christian to do is trust in the all-powerful God to heal our ills, but that is easier said than done.

wannabe crafty said...

a mother's heart is a direct line to our God's love and direction. So continue to follow it. I have 3 teenagers right now and I need knee pads so bad..but I know that HE also speaks to my children because I see them making good calls more than bad. But I didn't understand all of this until my children were teenagers and I had to have a long talk with my parents and fess up to not trusting their decisions. So continue to listen to your heart and remember your past also.

You have such a nice blog. I found you on "It just Dawned on me" keep in touch.and keep seeking HIM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...