Thursday, April 22, 2010

Funeral

I am getting ready to go pick up my 12 year old son from school to attend a 14 year olds funeral. What a sad day and yet what a time for learning and teaching! The death of this child has turned into a media frenzy with accusations and name slinging. The candlelight vigil turned into a circus with 5 arrests. It is an important time to teach my son about not only the dangers of drugs but also the reasons behind setting boundaries and how your parents actually have reasons for setting them. It's a chance to teach respect for authority and how there are at least two sides to every story and you cannot always believe what you hear.

My heart goes out to this boy, to his family and to everyone who was touched by him in some way. I hope that this tragic even can be turned into a growing and learning experience for every member of our community!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...