Thursday, February 4, 2010

Here it comes again!


The latest weather watch says we are expecting 20-28 inches plus! I found this picture online searching for pictures of blizzards :-) Hopefully we wont have to worry about anything this crazy. However, we did just get 9 inches last weekend and then 3 on Tuesday... I'm stocked up on food, milk and soda so we should be good to go!

I am missing church and classes. I was planning to go today at Noon and somehow completely missed it. I need to start really setting reminders on my phone or something. If we get what they are calling for we are likely to be stuck home this Sunday as well. It looks like Kevin might be in a hotel near his work for the weekend. They are putting up a skeleton crew to keep things going over the weekend. I'm hoping this falls through. I'm not sure why but I just have a bad feeling about it. Generally this is for good reason so I'm paying attention.

I spent the morning fighting crowds at Martins Grocery store. I went there thinking it would be the least busy... people are in a sort of frantic mode. It's not like the snow will start any minute.. we have until tomorrow which means you have time to shop in a safe and courteous manner! I'm planning some baking.

I am so grateful!
that I remembered to do this part of the post!
for internet access
for electricity and heat!
for running water and ovens
for my children tucked in safe at home for this storm
for my hard working man!
for domestic animals (puppy! :-)
for books (again!)

I don't have too much to say at the moment but will work on a thought provoking post later :-)

Peace be with you,
Julia

3 comments:

Sherry said...

It's going to be big. I remember the last big storm in 1996 and we had a week off from work. --hope we can all stay warm and safe!

Thou Art Jules said...

I'm not sure where you are exactly but we just had 27 inches in December, 9 last weekend and then 3 a few days ago. However, I love snow so we are dug in for the remainder of the event :-)

Judy Dudich said...

Loving this SNOW!
Beautiful list of thanksgiving there Jules!
Stay warm!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...