Saturday, December 5, 2009

More Blessings!

I received 2 more books :-) Cure for the Common Life by Max Lucado and most intriging The Heartache No One Sees by Sheila Walsh.


I'm super excited about the Sheila Walsh book because it deals directly with depression.


We got what appears to be about 6 or more inches of snow today! The kids had a blast making snowmen and sleigh riding! Jude (our new puppy) also got to experience his first snow.


I'll post pics of the cutest snowman as soon as I get them from a phone to the computer.
It's been a lazy day. I've done loads of reading and writing. I started a journal for working through the Sheila Walsh book along with the bible study that accompanies it. I am very hopeful about this one!
We have had hot chocolate and I've discovered lots of uses for powdered milk! Great for hot coco, biscuits, pancakes etc and so affordable!
I'm still working on getting the house together and of course as often happens to me. When the chaos dies down I get sick. Headache and awful stomach issues ruled the day. But, it gave me lots of time to lay in the warm waterbed with some good books :-)
The verse for the first chapter (well introduction) of The Heartache No One Sees is
Matthew 11:28-30
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and bumble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.
From what I understand taking my yoke would mean learning from. What a fantastic reading!
Tomorrow is our Rite of Welcome at church. I might try to get pictures if there is time and the ability. Hopefully hubby will be joining us! They are also having an Advent workshop for the kids. Unfortunately I can't go with Brandon because it's the same time as the RCIA class and we will be preparing for the rite.
I'm awfully talkative tonight!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...