Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm being productive

Here is a snap shot of my dining room today. Somehow I went from working on striping, sanding and staining my trim to also smoothing my walls. Needless to say I learned the hard way not to use an electric sander indoors yesterday and it took me all day to clean up the mess. Take note of the trim around the door. It will not look like that in the finished picture. I also learned to cover all furniture.. lol

I've not done much else besides work on this off and on all day for the last few days. It's giving me a creative and productive outlet. I am thankful to Mother Angelica and her 11:30 daily rosary. This is helping me develop a habit of daily prayer (not counting bedtime) that I don't know if I could've had the discipline to do on my own.

I've been putting off calling the vet for two days. My doggie Pepper has an ear infection. Our finances had me afraid but today I bit the bullet and called to see if I could just get the medication instead of scheduling a visit too. Guess what! Yep, went and picked up a refill for the antibiotics for her ear! Praise the Lord! No more whining, scratching, stinky ears :-)

I had a pretty rough battle with anxiety today. I had to pick my son up from school. They got out two hours early and driving there was so anxiety filled that I just wanted to turn and run back home. Of course I can't do that and leave my poor son at school! So, I parked, sat and prayed. I had errands to run afterwards and wanted to go home. At the same time I didn't want to go home, I didn't want to let it get the best of me. Needless to say I made it through all my errands and back home without incident. Learning to turn things over is such an experience for me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...