Tuesday, November 10, 2009

1st Children's program

Tonight was our first RCIC meeting. It went pretty well! My son was a ham as usual, raised his hand for everything and asked more questions than the rest of the group put together! My daughter however was verrrrry quiet. She did however answer at least one question correctly that means she is actually listening in RCIA because that's the only place she could have heard the answer.

We covered lots of ground tonight with lots of basics. We meet every other week. I'm looking forward to it. It's not as formal as our Sunday meetings and the kids had a good time. My daughter actually talked to another girl who is doing the class for confirmation. She's 17 and just as short as my daughter :-)

Mass was interesting. I was a little disappointed because there was no music at all. None. There were only 20 people present including our Priest. I don't know why but I had expected more. Im thinking of going tomorrow afternoon as well.

With my battle with depression and anxiety I have noticed a few things.

1. I feel empty inside alot. I was thinking that today sitting on my front porch. Just empty. However, when I am at Church I feel.

2. I avoid social situations like the plague lately. I declined a walk with my aunt today. I desperately need to do it because I have gained about 12 lbs. since going on this medication. But I have no desire to go do anything - except Church related functions.

This tells me that I am moving in the right direction. I have complete faith that eventually things will get back to normal for me but the normal will be different than before. Mainly because I'm changing. The old normal isn't what I'm looking for now.

I am praying for a great sponsor for the kids and I. I am unsure how that process happens but one of our teachers said I will need one for the Rite of Welcoming in two weeks... I know beggars can't be choosers but I am praying with some specifics looking for the "right" sponsor.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...