Friday, November 19, 2010

med update


This post is sincerely more for me than for you so don't worry, I wont be offended if you don't keep reading :-)

I started taking Prestiq to try to come off of Zoloft (for panic and anxiety) and wellbutrin (for depression) which obviously even after one year weren't really doing the trick.

To say I was nervous is an understatement. I have spent the last week or so researching and thinking and well... thinking some more. I'm paranoid about medication and I am an overanalyzer so I set off on this journey not knowing what to expect. I was hopeful and yet very nervous.

I had a very bad experience with an antidepressant years ago and had stayed clear of them until last year when it became abundantly clear that I needed some sort of help with those whatchamajiggers in my brain that were causing so much havoc!

I'm on day 4 of the Prestiq and although one or two days I have had the jitters, upset stomach etc. Today has been better. I'm sleepy but not shaky. Coming off the zoloft could present it's own problems so it's hard to tell but all in all, I think it's going very well.

I have a positive attitude about it but as always am watching for any "weirdness."

I will continue to track my progress because sometimes my memory fades and I can refer back to my written words.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...