Sunday, June 27, 2010

Welcome to the Philippines!

Ha! Brandon and I went to the 11:30 Mass today. As soon as I topped the steps I knew there was trouble! They were propping the doors open. "uh oh! It must be hot in there!"

Hot was an understatement. We were suppose to hit 101 degrees today and the Church had no air conditioning. Before Fr. Burt even started to speak we all were trying to wrap our hair into buns and find anything available to use for a fan.

Fr. Burt though started the Mass by saying and I quote "Welcome to the Philippines!" This was funny on so many levels. Fr. Burt is from the Philippines and he had a rough time with our amazing Virginia winter this year. I suppose turn about is fair play! lol

I kept glancing towards Jesus hanging there front and center on the cross when I started to feel like complaining. A little sweat is nothing compared to the pain HE suffered! It ended up being a wonderful service and we went straight to the grocery store and bought icecream!

P.S. I'm working on moving my blog platform. I wont do the switch hopefully until I'm all set up on the WordPress platform. I'm excited about these changes and will provide more info on the move soon.

Peace,
Julia

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...