Friday, May 28, 2010

Wifey Wednesday

Wifey Wednesdays are hosted by Sheila over at To Love Honor and Vacuum

Again, better late than never right!

Sheila talks about "womens work" this week in her Wifey Wednesday post. This is interesting for me.

Several years ago I would've given you a completely different post than today. I love living and growing and learning! I don't know how my husband put up with me all these years! 

There was once a time when I refused to pick up dirty socks. I really have a thing about feet. Especially stinky feet and putting my hand inside a dirty sock to turn it right side out is just gross! It's a thing.. I know!

However, I would leave the socks. They would sit in a pile. I would not touch them!

I do believe that if something needs to be done - someone should do it! I don't exactly believe that there are gender lines drawn and I can't do something because it's "his" job or that there are things that he shouldn't do because they are "my" job.

However, I'm at home full-time now. I do the housework. I even do the yard work. I do the yard work because I love doing it. To me, mowing is the best meditation in the world! I think clearly when I mow and believe it or not, I relax!

But, I also cook, wash and clean daily. I do this because it needs to be done and I'm here to do it. I do it because I love my family and want them to come home to at least a semi-clean house.

If I were to return to work.. I would want some help of course. If I were to get sick, I feel sure that Kevin would jump right in and help get things done.

But, I believe that doing the things I do around the house shows my love and respect for my husband. I believe it shows my love. He might not think so. He might not even think about it at all. But, it makes me feel good :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Until recently, I had the opportunity to be home more than in the workforce...I loved doing the things you mention. Most of the time I felt it was "my calling!" Now, I wish I had the time and could get caught up on the housework! Great post!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...