Sunday, May 2, 2010

... encourage one another...


Hebrews 10:25 - We should not stay away from our assembly, as it is the custom of some, but encourage one another, and this all the more as you see the day drawing near.

I have not been to Mass in two weeks. I went the Sunday prior to these two weeks merely out of obligation and pride. I went because I thought it would be awful not to go and watch the rest of my class join the church. I feel guilty. Not guilty enough to get up and go this morning though.

I recognize this as a problem. I know I need to go. I know it feeds my soul and my soul is starving right now. But, it's kind of like my house. When it gets so cluttered that I don't know where to start and I find it hard to even do anything.

I have not been posting because I frankly don't have anything good to say. I'm feeling like I'm in a desert lately. I feel incredibly alone even when surrounded by friends or family. I'm feeling like an empty shell of a person. Sometimes I don't even know what emotions I'm feeling or if I'm feeling any at all.

I have not been praying, not reading my bible and licking my wounds. However I did pick up the good book today. I am praying this is the end of that road! lol

1 comment:

wdomburg said...

You manage to write more than I do, if it's any consolation to know that you're not alone in feeling alone.

For a long time now I've been dealing with the gradual realization that I could no longer relate to people I considered friends. At the same time I've found myself reading more and more Catholic blogs, but can only think of myself as anything but an outsider.

I guess the only way to become more than a stranger is to not act like one, but saying that is easier than living it most days.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...