Sunday, December 5, 2010

Virtus and Radical

Saturday morning I attended Virtus training for our parish. Those of you who aren't familiar, Virtus is a class that the Catholic Church mandates for anyone who might even possibly work with youth. It is a training that teaches you a bit about what child predators are capable of and some of the early signs that you can watch out for.




It was two of the most distrubing videos I've ever watched as we listened to two convicted offenders describe their methods for developing relationships with these children. It was sickening! However, I learned alot of things that I did not know. I thought I had figured out a profile for them and it turns out my theory was flawed!

Now we wait for our background checks to come back and I'll be able to help with youth ministries at the church. I love working with children so I am looking forward to this!

I've also been reading (very little) of the book Radical by David Platt. What an amazing book so far!! It's all about Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream. Definitely not light reading!

I'm off to the play again and then looking forward to Monday for a break :-)

I start my first Adoration hour tomorrow night as well!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...