Friday, May 14, 2010

Denominations, denominations, denominations..........

Acts 2:42 - They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Ephesians 2:19-22 - Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his spirit.


I am no Biblical scholar though I often wish I were! I don't understand it all and I likely never will until I am sitting with our Heavenly Father himself. So many questions I would ask him!
Which church was your church Father?
How did some get your message so messed up?
Were we just born in the wrong centuries to truly understand your teachings?

I cannot imagine that HE would tell me that only one church was THE church.

So, basically I am questioning my decision to join the Catholic Church. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not turning anti-Catholic. I absolutely LOVE the Catholic Church! However, I believe my past experiences with churches in my younger years with my Mother colored my present day decisions. I was drawn to the Catholic Church because I felt they were united. They had a set doctrine that everyone followed (or so I thought lol) but every devout Catholic did. I was comforted by this. No debating these things, they were decided! It would be hard to live against them without doing so obviously.

However, I have had some exposure lately to other denominations again and I feel drawn out of the Catholic Church. I feel my heart yearning and my soul calling for communion with others. I feel a need for community that I am not finding at the Catholic Church. Granted, this is another thing that kept me there - I didn't want community exactly... with my panic/anxiety disorder I did not want to deal with alot of people. Now I do! I do so badly! I want to be involved. I want to feel the fire of the Lord. I feel called and I don't imagine it could be anyone other than HIM doing the calling. For this reason I feel very peaceful about it and assured that I will land in just the right place!

However, this brings me to a hard crossroad. I have no idea where on Earth I would go! I don't know alot about other denominations and I must go where I believe. I have no idea how to find a church that fits... So I'm taking a leap of faith this week and I am going to visit a new church. I will post back with my experience.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this topic?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...